Connect with Mother Earth
22nd April is Earth Day – get closer to nature!
The 22nd April is Earth Day, so here are 8 ways to get close up and personal to earth and our natural world.
- Look at the sky at night and do some stargazing! Pick a night where the sky is clear, the stars are shining, and just enjoy the view. Buyagift have a couple of stargazing experiences and you can get 15% off with the code AHW2022 until 31/12/22**
Take a look at the stargazing experiences available through Buyagift.co.uk
- Go glamping! It’s a luxurious form of camping and normally in fields and woodlands. It really gives you a chance to get away from it all and go to sleep surrounded by nature and her sounds and then to wake up to them as well. Enjoy the dawn chorus, even if it is very early. Treat someone special to a glamping experience - there's 15% off with Red Letter Days* until 31/12/2022 with the code RAHW2022
- Go out for a walk with a llama or alpaca in beautiful countryside. Alpacas are very friendly animals and they enjoy a walk, so as you head through stunning ways with a friendly Alpaca on the end of a lead in your hand, you can enjoy a walk with a difference!
Enjoy a birds of prey experience - get 15% off with Buyagift until 31/12/2022** with the code AHW2022
- Take a two night break in a national park and get out walking to see some stunning scenery! Again, there's 15% off with Red Letter Days* until 31/12/2022 with the code RAHW2022
- Take a look at a conservation charity’s website and immerse yourself in it to be inspired by what they are doing and to find out why they are doing it. Take a look at their videos on You Tube – bring nature in to you. Some of my favourite conservation charities include Vital Ground in Montana in the USA – they work to protect grizzly bear habitat; the World Land Trust who work with conservation partners all over the world; and the John Muir Trust and Trees for Life, both in Scotland.
- Head to your local Wildlife Trust’s website and find your local Wildlife Trust – there are 46 around the UK, including the isle of Alderney down in the Channel Islands. What can you do to get involved and perhaps volunteer? There’s nothing like getting outside with like-minded people who love nature and who want to make a difference.
- Sponsor an acre of land on Earth Day. You could donate it to the World Land Trust’s Action Fund which means that the Trust can have a fund they can tap into urgently to save wildlife habitat in danger of being lost. Find out what you can about the project, where it is, the animals that live there, the people who live there, and what the local conservation charity does.
- Go on a walk in your local woods and nature reserves. Really use your senses to stop and listen to the sounds you hear. Watch what you see lurking under the undergrowth or high up in the trees. What does the natural world smell like? The more you can connect with it, the more you will want to save it.
Mindfulness Meditation in Nature for Two in Kent
from Buyagift.co.uk - enjoy 15% off with the code AHW2022 until 31/12/22**
- If you live by the sea or a lake, just go and spend some time watching and listening to the water. Let your mind go completely blank!