There's some amazing work being done by animal charities around the world, and there's nothing like seeing animals who've been rescued and who are now enjoying a new lease of life.
So just enjoy this You Tube video from the charity Animals Asia, and watch these Moon Bears at Play.
Here's some bear necessities about Animals Asia:
- It promotes compassion and respect for all animals and works to bring about long term change
- It works to end the bear bile trade - over 10,000 bears are kept on bile farms in China and about 1,200 suffering the same in Vietnam
- Animals Asia has rescued over 500 bears
- It cares for them at its bear sanctuaries in China and Vietnam
- It promote alternatives to animal products for use in traditional medicine through its Healing without Harm campaign.
- It is a registered charity with headquarters in Hong Kong, plus offices in Australia, China, Germany, Italy, the UK,, USA and Vietnam.
- It also works to end the trade in dogs and cats for food in China and
- It campaigns for an end to abusive animal practices in zoos and safari parks in China
There's more info on their website!
So how can you help?
- Spread the word - you could give a talk, wear a t-shirt, share out literature, like Animals Asia on Facebook, tweet about them on Twitter, and be a voice
- Volunteer and give time - there are opportunities for UK volunteers, you could give a talk, or if you're appropriately qualified, you could volunteer abroad.
- Raise funds - do an event, tackle a challenge, do other fundraising - the website has all sorts of ideas!
- Sponsor a bear or befriend a bear
- Send a gift to a bear - this could be a jar of strawberry jam (£5), fruity ice pops (£10), a fruit and veg hamper (£25), a pool party (£45), a bear swing (£70) or veterinary help (up to £600)
- Treat yourself or a loved one to something from their online shop
There are lots of other ways to get involved - so please check out Animals Asia's website